Tournament Request Form
**All event dates are subject to change if needed by the Iowa PGA and Host Facility**
Please review the schedule below and use the form at the bottom of this page to request any tournament(s) that you would like to host. Please understand because of scheduling constraints, there are some events that must be scheduled well in advance of when this form is sent out. Starting times other than double shotguns are coordinated with the host professional.
Extra Charges – Facility Fees
- A facility fee of $20 will be added to each entry fee and should be used to cover golf car and range costs for each participant. Facilities will have the option of providing a menu that tournament participants may order from on the day of the event but this is not mandatory.
- Tournaments such as the Iowa Cup Matches, Iowa PGA Foundation Pro-Am, Iowa PGA Professional Championship, Iowa Senior PGA Professional Championship, Iowa Assistant PGA Professional Championship, 36-Hole Classic, and Pro-Junior will have increased extra charges affiliated with them because of the food requirements. All other events will receive the $20 per player facility fee, including all Pro-Ams.
- It will be necessary to inform the competitors through the BlueGolf Tournament Information Page whether or not there will be an optional menu at the tournament site. When filling out the tournament request form below, please be sure to indicate your menu plan so that we can notify the participants. Again, it is not mandatory to provide an optional menu and food service will have no influence on site selection.
GUIDELINES FOR HOSTING AN IOWA PGA SECTION EVENT
All tournament hosts are required to complete the following duties in regards to each tournament unless otherwise notified by the Iowa PGA Tournament Manager.
Host PGA Professional is Responsible For:
- Properly mark the entire golf course. This includes using red paint to define all penalty areas. It is also recommended that you use red stakes to identify all penalty areas. Ground Under Repair must be encircled with white paint. All paint must be freshly marked so that the lines on the ground are easy to see.
- Use fair hole locations that reflect the purpose of the event. Our recommendation/demand is that the Host Professional sets the pins with the host facility superintendent. This will ensure that the pins are indeed fair and reputable for the event you are hosting.
Iowa Section PGA Responsible For:
- Cart Signs (e-mailed to host in PDF format)
- Local Rules Sheet & Conditions of the Competition
- Scoring Event (includes electronic leader-board)
- Post-tournament reports
- Rules of Golf
- Collecting Skins
**Iowa PGA Senior Match Play will be conducted as a season-long event once again in 2024.
** Specific event dates may be moved based off a facility request to move that event’s date to fit their facility schedule or by the Sponsor’s request. We have some flexibility but need to determine a starting point while working around the Iowa PGA and Sponsor Commitments.
**Please request as many as you feel comfortable and we will do our best to work within the confines of the schedule.
|February 19-21||Las Vegas Pro Am||Rio Secco, SouthShore & Cascata||1 Professional and 4 Amateurs per team|
|April 1||Pro-Pro||Professionals only – format to be determined||Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee.|
|Professionals only – format to be determined||Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee.|
|April 15||Spring Meeting||
|Iowa PGA Staff will find this facility so as to fit the intent of our Spring Meeting.||We will endeavor to keep this in a central location within the Section.|
|April 22||Pro-Pro||Professionals only – format to be determined||Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee.|
|April 29||36-Hole Classic||Professionals only – Shotgun Start at 8:00 A.M. & 1:00 P.M; times are negotiable. ||Facility will receive increased facility fee which will include golf car for 36 holes, range balls and lunch in between rounds. We would ask that you allow the Iowa PGA to not have other guests/members on the course during this event so as to get the Professionals around in a reasonable amount of time. This can be an event contested at two facilities on the same day.|
|May 6-7||Iowa PGA Match Play||Professionals only – Round 1 Matches with a morning shotgun. Afternoon matches and stroke play event for those who do not qualify. Day 2 will be match play starting in the morning.||Facility will receive $55 per person for Facility Fee. This will include Lunch on Day 1. Day 2 will have a limited amount of players (projecting 8 players day 2)|
|May 24||PCC Pre-Qualifier||Veenker Memorial GC||Must be in the Des Moines Area||This event is tee times starting at 7:30 am for 40-50 qualifiers.|
|May 28||PCC Open Qualifier||Veenker Memorial GC||Must be in the Des Moines Area||This event is tee times starting at 7:30 am for 24-32 qualifiers.|
|June 3||Pro-Pro||Professionals only – format to be determined||Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee.|
|June 11||Junior Academy Stroke Play||Pheasant Ridge GC|
|June 12||Junior Academy Senior Stroke Play||Pheasant Ridge GC|
|June 17||Boy Scouts Pro-Am||Davenport CC|
|June 27||JDC Pre-Qualifier||Pinnacle CC|
|June 28||JDC Pre-Qualifier||Short Hills CC|
|July 1||JDC Open Qualifier||Pinnacle CC|
|July 8||Pro-Pro||Professionals only – format to be determined||Facility will recieve $20 per person for Facility Fee.|
|Placeholder Date||Iowa PGA Professional Championship||Professionals only – 54-hole stroke play event with 36 holes played on day 1 and 18 holes played on day 2
Must be a Club Car facility
|Facility will receive increased facility fee which will include golf car, range and lunch following round 1 and dinner after round 2.|
|Placeholder Date||Iowa Women’s PGA Professional Championship||This event is held in conjunction with round 2 of the Iowa PGA Professional Championship. 18 holes stroke play|
|July 22||Pro-Junior||1 Professional and 3 Juniors Shotgun Start determined by the host professional.||Facility will receive increased facility fee which will include two golf cars, range and four lunches per team.|
|July 29||Pro-Pro||Professionals only – format to be determined||Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee.|
|August 2-4||Iowa Open||Blue Top Ridge|
|August 5||Genisis Pro-Am||Davenport CC / TPC Deere Run|
|August 12||Pro-Select||Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee.|
|August 19||Pro-Facility||Professional and 1, 2 or 3 Amateurs – Shotgun determined by host professional.
Must be a Yamaha Golf Car Facility
|Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee and revenue from amateur pro shop gift certificates.|
|August 20||Quakerdale Pro-Am||Elmwood CC||Professionals only with day 1 tee times in the afternoon and day 2 tee times in the morning.|
|Placeholder Date||Iowa Senior PGA Professional Championship||Professionals only with day 1 tee times in the afternoon and day 2 tee times in the morning.||Facility will recieve increased facility fee which will include golf car, range and dinner following round 1.|
|August 26||Event TBD||TBD||
|September 3-4||Iowa Assistant PGA Professional Championship||Professionals only with day 1 afternoon tee times and day 2 morning tee times. There will be a 9-hole shootout following round 1.||Facility will receive increased facility fee which will include golf car, range and dinner following round 1.|
|September 9||Pro-Scratch/Pro-Senior Scratch||1 Professional may team up with 1, 2 or 3 Amateurs – Shotgun start determined by host professional.||Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee and revenue from amateur pro shop gift certificates. |
|September 16||Pro-Pro||Professionals only – format to be determined||Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee.|
|September 23||Pro-Senior||1 Professional and 3 Amateurs – Shotgun start determined by host professional.||Facility will receive $20 per person for Facility Fee and revenue from amateur pro shop gift certificates.|
|Fall TBD||Iowa Cup Matches||40 Players over 2 days, Day 1 is Fourball followed by Foursomes matches. Day 2 is morning Singles matches||Facility will recieve an increased facility fee which will include lunch and dinner on day 1 as well as green fees|
|September 30 – October 1||Iowa PGA Shootout||Professionals only – with day 1 late morning/early afternoon shotgun start and day 2 morning shotgun start||Facility will receive $40 per person for Facility Fee. This can be an event contested between two facilities.|