Iowa PGA Player Development Award
The “PGA Player Development Award” bestows special recognition on a PGA Golf Professional, who has displayed extraordinary and exemplary contribution and achievement i n the area of player development. The award considers the PGA Professional’s growth of the game leadership, commitment at the Section and National levels in the player development arena, and the meaningful impact made at the facility.
Player Development Guidelines for Selection:
The candidate will be considered on the basis of the following:
1. Their entire PGA career with the primary emphasis on the service and commitment for Player Development.
2. The overall impact of Player Development programs implemented at the facility. This impact will include assessments of successful programming to include player introduction and retention, customer satisfaction, rounds of golf produced and revenue generated at the facility.
3. The overall quality and variety of the Player Development programming to include the broad range of opportunities for players of all skill levels, the uniqueness of ideas, and the number of best practices utilized.
4. Their use and implementation of PGA of America tools and resources such as, but not limited to Get Golf Ready, PGA Junior League, GIVE clinics, PGA Junior Academy Camps, Drive, Chip & Putt, as well as Section provided programming.
5. Any significant influence made on Golf Professionals, facilities, and employers within the area of Player Development.
6. Their performance and service to the Association, as well as their Section to include contributions to building and growing the image of the Iowa PGA Professional and The PGA through the promotion of golf and the golf industry.
7. Overall integrity and recognition as a person of outstanding character by Iowa PGA Professionals and leaders within the community.
8. Other contributions provided to The PGA.
• Candidate must be a PGA Member in good standing
• Candidate must be well regarded as a model PGA Member
• Demonstration and acknowledgement as an individual of outstanding leadership and strong moral character.
The following persons are ineligible:
• Class “F” or “Reserve” Members
• Apprentices or Associates
The Iowa PGA Award will be presented at the All Star Pro Golf Awards Luncheon Ceremony, held in conjunction with the Iowa PGA Annual Meeting. Tuesday, October 24th.