The Assistants’ Association is a division of the Iowa PGA Section. Our purpose is to prepare golf professionals for future success as PGA Members. The goal of our Association is to elevate the standards of IPGA Assistant Professionals through mentoring, networking and promoting the game of golf. We will accomplish this by providing leadership, educational opportunities, tournament competitions and building personal relationships amongst Assistant Professionals in the community.
2023 Assistants Teaching & Coaching
Date: March 7, 2023
Place: Cedar Rapids Country Club
2023 Iowa PGA Assistants Board
President – Davis Sutton, PGA | Cedar Rapids Country Club
Jacob Bermel, PGA | Pheasant Ridge Golf Course
Zach Steffen | Terrace Hills Golf Course
Mentor – Mike Armes, PGA | Pinnacle Country Club
Mentor – Ben Splichal, PGA | PinSeekers
Tournament & Education:
Vice President – Jacob Shultz | Dubuque Golf & Country Club
Steve Smith | Drake University – Women’s Golf Coach
Cody Parks | Wakonda Club
Mentor – Mark McMahon, PGA | Ellis Golf Course
Mentor – Gene Bears, Jr., PGA
- Click here for the Mentor Guide
- Click here for the PGM 3.1 Level 1 Virtual Seminar FAQ
- Click here for the Pricing for 3.0
- Click here for the Pricing for 3.1
- Click here for the 3.1 At-A-Glance
- Click here for the Revised online or In-Person Testing Procedures (July 2020)
- Click here for the PGM Tracks
Assistants Video Meetings
- December 15, 2020 | Virtual IPGA Assistants Montly Call | Click here
- February 25, 2021 | Virtual IPGA Associates Call | Click here
2023 Career Advancement Scholarship
PGA Associates and previously graduated applicants are required to submit this form and reponses to the following questions for the one year $1,000 Career Advancement Scholarship:
1. Applicant must include a self-statement concerning his/her background in golf and financial need for the scholarship award.
2. Applicant must include his/her future career goals.
3. The Scholarship Committee requests submit one recommendation – from an employer, a PGA Professional or other non-family connection to address the applicant’s leadership skills and dedication to their selected career.
The Iowa PGA Section Foundation annually awards a career advancement scholarship to assist individuals in furthering their education toward career development. Applicants who are interested in pursuing a career in the golf industry or other career requiring educational training are welcome to apply for a one year $1,000 scholarship.
Any previous high school graduate residing within the boundaries of the Iowa PGA Section and the State of Iowa is eligible to apply. The Iowa PGA Section is bounded on the west by U.S. Highway 71 and includes an area of Western Illinois from a point north of Quincy, east to near Springfield and directly north. It includes the major cities of Monmouth, Macomb, Galesburg, Moline, Rock Island, Kewanee and Galena. It does not include the cities of Freeport, Springfield or Quincy.
Scholarship winners are selected based on their experience and activity in golf, their future career goals, leadership skills and financial need.
Applcants must email of mail completed application to the scholarship committee on or prior to September 10, 2023.
Send to: Iowa PGA Section, 3184 Highway 22, Riverside, IA 52327
or Call 319-648-0026 with any questions
Email to: email@example.com
|Previous Career Advancement Scholarship Recipients|