Panek Leads Team to the Foundation Pro-Am Title
Des Moines, IA – The Iowa PGA hosted the NB Golf Cars/M & M Golf Cars Iowa PGA Foundation Pro-Am presented by the Iowa Golf Association at Glen Oaks Country Club in Des Moines on Monday, August 17.
PGA Director of Golf John Panek lead his Davenport Country Club Team consisting of Jeff Hassel, Steve VanDerSchaaf and Chad Kelley to the Team Title with a Stableford score of 0 points. The second-place team was PGA Head Professional Darin Fisher from The Preserve on Rathbun Lake as he led Jeff Osby. Craig Plants and Curt Michalek with a score of -3 points.
- 0 points: John Panek (Davenport Country Club) – Jeff Hassel, Steve VanDerSchaaf and Chad Kelley
- -3 points: Darin Fisher (The Preserve on Rathbun Lake) – Jeff Osby, Craig Plants and Curt Michalek
- -4 points: Steve Watt (Glen Oaks Country Club) – Jim Sinclair, Scott Clem and Brian Chittenden
- -4 points: David Gantt (Des Moines Driving Range) – Diane Gantt, Brian Cox and Vic Raibikis
- -15 points: Ken Schall (Ken Schall Performance Golf Studio) – Steve Shindler, Dan Geneser and John Courter
- -15 points: Joe Butler (Burlington Golf Club) – Jon Phillips, Mike Phillips and Ed DeLashmutt
- -15 points: Rob Randall (The Legacy Golf Club) – Ryan Dorr, Ken Roberts and Mike Dorr
- -18 points: Larry Castagnoli (Life Member) – Tom Sandie, Tom Schill and Joe Ward
- -25 points: Chad Callan (Briarwood Golf Club) – Jason Hachmeister, Kevin Drew and Jamie Drew
- -26 points: Dillon Baker (Airport National Golf) – Jared Capouch, Phil Hansen and Tracy Sankot
- -27 points: Chad Proehl (Sugar Creek Municipal Golf Course) – Colby Marriot, Chris Andrews and Thad Dawson
- -28 points: Greg Dingel (Veenker Memorial Golf Course) – Tyler Dingel, Logan Sansgard and Tim Davis
Amateurs will receive shop credit in the Glen Oaks Country Club Golf Shop.
Teams for Iowa PGA Foundation Pro-Am were comprised of one Professional and three amateurs competing in an 18-Hole Individual Low Pro and Team Event Quota System.
In addition to the team event, the Iowa PGA Iowa PGA Foundation featured individual competitions for the Open, Senior and Super Senior Divisions.
Ben Montgomery of Airport National Golf Course claimed first place in the Open Division with an even-par round of 71. Montgomery carded birdies on holes 3, 7, 14 and 15 with bogeys on holes 6, 8, 13 and 18. Runner-up John Bermel of Pheasant Ridge Golf Course carded a round of 1-over-par 72.
Bermel took home first place in the Senior Division with a 1-over-par round of 72. Bermel recorded a double bogey on hole 17, bogeys on holes 3, 5 and 8 with birdies on holes 4, 7, 9 and 12 in route to his victory. Rob Randall of The Legacy Golf Club carded a round of 2-over-par 73 to claim second-place.
Curt Schnell of Okoboji View Golf Course won the Super Senior Division with a 4-over-par round of 75. Schnell carded bogeys on holes 3, 7, 8, 10, 17 and 18 with birdies on holes 4 and 15 in his win. Joe Butler of Burlington Golf Club carded a round of 5-over-par 76 to claim second-place.
Amateur General Ron Dardis playing alongside PGA Professional Clark Smith, Raunie Dardis and Eddie Avdic made a Hole in One on the Par 3 fifth hole using a Hy-brid from 193 yards. Congrats General Dardis!
The Iowa PGA would to thank NB Golf Cars and M&M Golf Cars for their Title Sponsorship. We would also like to thank PGA Director of Golf Steve Watt and the entire Glen Oaks Country Club staff for hosting this event.
Two of the primary beneficiaries of this event will bet the Burkart Scholarship and Swings with Kids Program. The Burkart Scholarship is an annual college scholarship awarded in memory of Charlie Burkart, a PGA member of 49 years and PGA Head Professional at Elmcrest CC in Cedar Rapids of 42 year. To learn more about Foundation, click here.
The next event on the 2020 Iowa PGA Tour schedule is the Harris Golf Cars Pro-Facility. Registration for this event closes August 18, 2020. Click here to register.
For more information and schedule updates, fans can follow the Iowa PGA on Facebook (facebook.com/Iowapga), Twitter (@iowapga) and YouTube (youtube.com/iowapga). Fans can also get a behind the scenes look on Instagram (@iowapga).